Do you want to know a little extra something about us? I put together this list so you can get a better sense of who we are. Let us know if you have anything in common with us!
20 Facts About Mackenzie
- I have a great sense of direction. When walking I remember everything and can get around perfectly. Public transportation is a different story. That craziness gets me so turned around.
- I’m learning Czech and French.
- I’m obsessed with colored pens. Really, you’d think I was five.
- I used to hate waking up early, preferring to stay up super late, but I’m changed. I now wake up when my husband does for work and I start my work day before he even leaves the house around 6:30.
- My siblings and pets all have names starting with “M.”
- I was six when I wrote my first story. It was about a flying horse and a girl kidnapped by some evil guy.
- I don’t put destinations on my “bucket list” because I want to go everywhere and it would be redundant and super long. Instead, I put specific place activities.
- My favorite beer is Guinness but since having Andrew, I’ve graduated to drinking the cheapest Sauvignon Blanc I can find.
- I am a multitasker. I can’t be doing just one thing. If I watch TV I have to be writing, reading, painting my nails, something, or else I get bored. But! I’ve found that I need to do less and focus on one thing at a time to actually get shit done.
- I try to read at least 52 books per year. One for every week, but it’s usually 4 in a week and then none for a month.
- I hate shopping. Of all kinds.
- I wake up with a song in my head Every day.
- I have an irrational fear of cops. It’s probably because I have a guilty conscience combined with watching too many shows with corrupt cops.
- I have an MFA in Writing.
- I own too many guidebooks.
- I hate goodbyes and will do almost anything to get out of them. (Irish Goodbye for the win)
- I’m constantly making up stories in my head, either realistic ones about how my future might look or things that are totally fictional. Sometimes it’s weird. Most of the time it’s fun.
- I think I’m extremely awkward.
- I like black coffee but drink tea with about ten pounds of sugar in it.
- Twenty is my favorite number and was my jersey number in college. I played soccer.
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Paracas, Peru
- The Harry Potter Series
- The Book Thief, Markus Zusak
- The Lizard Cage, Karen Connelly
- Across the Universe
- The Lives of Others
Favorite TV Shows
- Doctor Who
- The Office
Favorite Foods Found While Traveling
- Lomo Saltado/ Tacu Tacu- from Peru (I had a mash up of these two dishes and I still think about it)
- Bread Dumplings- Czech Republic
- Smaženy syr- Czech Republic
You can also see the products I travel with Here
5 Facts about Andrew
- He got his first passport at 2 months old.
- He loves TV more than his parents would like (though they enjoy the distraction)
- His best friend at the moment is our dog, Dash. They are best buds and are for sure going to get in trouble in the future.
- He Love, love, loves being outside on hikes, on walks, or just hanging out in the backyard. Which is perfect because we have some plans…
- So far he seems very left handed. We’ll see as he gets older.